Tuesday, September 29, 2009

14 months

I can hardly believe that 14 months have gone by since we held Timothy. I'm amazed at how fast time goes by sometimes. We celebrated by going to visit him. I love that we are always filled with joy when we go to Timothy's park. Our children are always excited. They laugh and play. Don't get me wrong. The joy that we feel is bittersweet but I am glad that we don't have to be sad every time we think about Timothy or when we visit him. We believe that his life was a blessing and enjoy celebrating it! (Even though it isn't always easy to do)

One of the things that cracks me up is that they love to give him their toys but like any other brother they also love to take them back. (Almost) every time we go to visit and love on him our children bring gifts and when they arrive they are very excited to take back the presents from last time. It reminds me of the normal sibling rivalry...
"It's mine!"
"No, it's mine...give it back"
"You gave it to me"
"Only to borrow...I want it back now."
"Mommy!"
I know that is all in my head but it always brings me a little smile.

Yesterday was also Malya's first visit with us since she was born. It was really nice to have all our kids in the picture together. (We moved the stuffed animals for the pictures, but I promise we put them back before we left!)










3 comments:

. La Kris said...

Wow.. what precious pictures... and precious memories. Enjoy the good days... and hold onto God on the not so good days.

I love you..!

Beth said...

love the pictures!

The Earnhardt Family said...

Those are really special pictures. That's so wonderful that your kids love visiting Timothy so much. AND that you can hear the sibling rivarly :-)

Remembering with you...