Monday, February 25, 2008

The Phone Call

I received a call from Petra (my nurse) today. She told me that my blood work is "off" and I need to come into the office for an ultrasound to confirm dates. Being a nurse, I know that she means my Prenatal Risk Screen came back positive. My first question...what did I screen positive for? She says that it came back elevated for Trisomy 18. My second question...how high? 1 in 10.

I did several ultrasounds at work and I am confidant that my dates are correct. But I feel myself hoping that I made a mistake and my dates are off causing a faults positive result. I am scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow at 1:00. Kevin and I plan on taking the kids to our wonderful friend (Karen) during the ultrasound in case we find out that everything is not going well.

No comments: